The World’s Premiere Faith Screenwriting Competition!
The Faith in Film: International Faith Screenwriting Competition is already one of the World’s Premier Faith Screenwriting Competition. Our winner's scripts are distributed to most of the biggest faith based production companies in Hollywood and around the world. By competing and being named a finalist in our screenwriting competition it gives our writer’s a big leg up when approaching faith based production companies who are trying to get their films into production.
The Faith in Film: International Faith Screenwriting Competition is designed to launch the careers of aspiring faith based writers, encourage established writers to transition into faith based film, and inspire writers of all faiths to include an element of faith in their films.
Our aim is to open doors for aspiring faith based writers and filmmakers in all genres.
FIF rewards screenwriters with various prizes, including distribution of your scripts to our database of A-list executives that represent the top agents, talent managers, and distributors in the faith based film community. This year we are blessed to have some of the top names in faith based film on our distribution list who will all be given copies of all our finalists scripts.
Why Faith Film? It’s one of the most-requested and profitable genres today. After the success of Passion of the Christ, God’s not Dead, and Heaven is for Real. Everyone in Hollywood is looking for the next big faith based film. FIF makes every effort to help fast track the careers of faith filmmakers and screenwriters so that incredible momentum is not lost!
The Faith in Film: International Faith Screenwriting Competition proudly accepts entries via Withoutabox and Coverfly.
Summer 2018 Winners!
Grand Prize Winner!
God’s Photo Album by Susan Arnout Smith
Pokey Nose by Tami Ryder
Songbird by Rebecca Williams Spindler
Love Is Free Will by Amanda Samaroo
Special Report by Joseph Carpenter
The Christmas Notes by Craig Clyde
Runaway Ship by Theodore Soderberg
Florence by Charlotte Scholer
Close Enough to Perfect by Dan Williams
Saving Esperanza by Betty Sullivan
Sarah Soldier by Cara Winter
Wayfarers by Arnon Shorr
Resurrection by Christina Shaver
Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin by Candyce Petersen
Forces of Balance by Maurice Lewis
Saving the Moon by Brian Shoop
The Day Little Black Pearl Found God in the Center of a Sunflower by Mildred Langford
Dark Matters by James Beeler
At The Mercy of Faith by Samuel Taylor
Rules & Eligibility
- Submissions are accepted via electronic submission only through our partner websites FilmFreeway, Withoutabox, and NetworkISA.
- There is no limit to the length of the projects you submit. Projects can be in script or treatment form.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
- Scripts must be written in English or French, but can be in any film or television genre.
- Entrants are prohibited from contacting the judges during the competition. Any entrant who attempts to contact a judge will be disqualified and their entry fee forfeited. The decision of the judges is final.
- Entry fees for screenplay entries are posted on our partner websites and are non refundable.
- Employees and family members of the film festival are not eligible.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter the contest. Misrepresentation of age, upon discovery, will forfeit entry and fees to the contest.
- Entries must be received on or before the deadlines and submission fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable and contest is void where prohibited.
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- All entries must be the original, and unpublished, un-produced, un-optioned work of the entrant. The entrant ensures that he or she is the sole author of the work and that it does not infringe on any existing copyright.
- All winners are responsible for their own U.S. income tax withholding.
- The competition, its judges, and its officers accept no liability whatsoever for any claims of damages, real or perceived, by any entrant(s) as a result of their participation in this contest.
- Past prizes listed in winner reviews should not be construed as current prizes. All current prizes are spelled out on our website. We also do not reveal the names of recipients on our industry distribution list.
- Industry distribution should in no way be interpreted as a guarantee of future representation or success. Whether or not industry partners choose to work with finalists, or even contact finalists, is done so at the sole discretion of each and every individual company. We can not force our industry partners to option your property and or sign you as a client.
- All judging is done at our sole discretion. We may have outside input, but all judging and all decisions are made at our sole discretion. To prevent tampering we do not reveal the identities of our judges.
- All writers at least 18 years of age are eligible.
- All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English or French.
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible.
- Professional writers, journalists, poets, and previous contest winners are eligible.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Material must be your original work.
- The material submitted must not be encumbered by any obligation to, or option held by, a third party prior to entering the competition.
- We do not provide feedback, notes, grades, or rankings of any kind. We assume you already know how to write at a professional level and that is why you are entering this contest.
- By submitting your material you agree to be added to our email list, but can remove yourself by unsubscribing at anytime.
- Please note that the Faith in Film: International Family and Faith Film Festival and the Faith in Film: International Family and Faith Screenwriting Competition also known as FIF, IFFFF, IFFF, and IFFFFSC are in no way affiliated with any other film festival, screenwriting competition, film school, or film related enterprise or organization. Neither are they affiliated with any church, religion, religious group, or religious movement.
- FIF reserves the right to revoke recognition status at any time with or without cause.
- Also note that only our Grand Prize Winner and top two Finalists will receive industry distribution and prizes. Semi-Finalists will only be rewarded by recognition like in most screenwriting competitions.
- By entering our contest, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing and/or transmitting your submission(s).
- We do not offer script notes and or script advice. We are looking to reward professional level writers that we can help get to the next level by recognizing their work. If these are services you desire, we recommend hiring a script consultant. These services can be found via a simple google search.